“I love working with people. I have had the privilege of studying many different healing modalities and work to create a space where you are seen and accepted just as you are; from this space, things begin to move and develop and the way forward emerges organically. I believe that the starting point of successful therapy is deep listening and deep caring. Self- awareness and self acceptance are crucial pieces to unlocking the puzzles which is ourselves. I work with the mind-body- breath connection, parts work, Gestalt Therapy, relationships, and practices of present moment awareness as well as more traditional depth psychotherapy approaches. There is a physical and energetic component to whatever is happening mentally and it is delightful and surprising to discover that working on these different levels can help us move forward on issues that have seemed overwhelming or intractable” – Julian Royce
Julian Royce, MA, LPC, holds a Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with a concentration in mindfulness based approaches to counseling and is a Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC).
He has developed and taught courses on mindfulness for addicts, students and teenagers, run a successful tutoring and life coaching company, taught yoga and workshops on connection, relating and mindfulness. He has worked with individuals, couples, and groups since 2013 as a coach and since 2018 as a psychotherapist. A resident of Boulder, Colorado for the last decade, he can be spotted on long rambles around the front range mountains with his dog Sailor Moon 🌙
Professional Trainings (in Chronological Order):
- Innate Path Psychedelic Assisted Therapy Training https://www.innatepath.org
- EMDR Trauma Therapy with the Maiberger Institute (https://maibergerinstitute.com) 2020-2021.
- Psychedelic Sitter School with https://medicinalmindfulness.org
- Meditation and Attachment Level 1 Training with George Hass and the Metta Group
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute for Mindfulness Informed Trauma Therapy (https://sensorimotorpsychotherapy.org) 2019-2020.
- Hakomi Mindful Somatic Psychotherapy training https://hakomiinstitute.com/boulder
- Integral Circling facilitator and Authentic Relating facilitator – with the Integral Center – 2014-2015 and in 2016.
- Graduate of the Mindfulness in Schools training (https://mindfulnessinschools.org) 2014
- Intensive 10 month Life and Relationship Coaching program – 2013-204.
- Certified Hatha Yoga Instructor – at the Asheville Yoga Center – 2013.
Julian also holds a Master of Arts in Religious & Indo-Tibetan Buddhist Studies with a concentration in the Philosophical Tenet Systems from Naropa University. Please visit the Mindfulness section of this website to learn more about his training and retreats with Meditation practice.