“I love working with people. I have had the privilege of studying many different healing modalities and work to create a space where you are seen and accepted just as you are; from this space, things begin to move and develop and the way forward emerges organically. I believe that the starting point of successful therapy is deep listening and deep caring. Self- awareness and self acceptance are crucial pieces to unlocking the puzzles which is ourselves. I work with the mind-body- breath connection, parts work, Gestalt Therapy, relationships, and practices of present moment awareness as well as more traditional depth psychotherapy approaches. There is a physical and energetic component to whatever is happening mentally and it is delightful and surprising to discover that working on these different levels can help us move forward on issues that have seemed overwhelming or intractable” – Julian Royce
Julian Royce, MA, LPC-C, holds a Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling with a concentration in mindfulness based approaches to counseling and is a Licensed Professional Counselor Candidate.
He has developed and taught courses on mindfulness for addicts, students and teenagers, run a successful tutoring and life coaching company, taught yoga and workshops on connection, relating and mindfulness. He has worked with individuals, couples, and groups since 2013 as a coach and since 2018 as a psychotherapist.
- Julian has trained with the Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute on Mindfulness Informed Trauma Therapy (https://sensorimotorpsychotherapy.org) 2019-2020.
- EMDR Trauma Therapy with the Maiberger Institute (https://maibergerinstitute.com) 2020-2021.
- Graduate of the Psychedelic Sitter School with Medicinal Mindfulness – 2021.
- Meditation and Attachment Level 1 Training with George Hass and the Metta Group
- Intensive 10 month Life and Relationship Coaching program – 2013-204.
- Certified Hatha Yoga Instructor – at the Asheville Yoga Center – 2013.
- Graduate of the Mindfulness in Schools training (https://mindfulnessinschools.org) 2014
- Integral Circling facilitator and Authentic Relating facilitator – with the Integral Center – 2014-2015 and in 2016.
Julian also holds a Master of Arts in Religious & Buddhist Studies from Naropa University. Please visit the Mindfulness section of this website to learn more about his training and retreats with Meditation practice.